Questions and Answers
VMWare Environment Consultants
Document #: JFSRLBOIS12027
Question: Hi, Please refer to Section C Required Qualifications, #4 "Vendor must be able to provide three (3) references of VMWare View deployments involving over 200 seats at State of Ohio agencies for each engagement" Q. No #1 It seems that ODJFS is looking for a specific vendor who has provided these services to State of Ohio. Is this correct? Q. No #2 We did this work outside Ohio and we meet the qualifications, would this mean that we are not qualified being a local Ohio company? please clarify Thanks
Answer: #1 No, we are not looking for a specific vendor, however, we are seeking a vendor that has experience with virtualization in State Government as a preference #2 This would not disqualify you from consideration
Question: In section V. Qualifications, C. Required qualifications are you referring to vendor or candidates in 1-5.
Answer: Yes, we are referring to Vendor qualifications. However, we are asking vendors to provide resumes of the technicians they intend to use as resources for this contract.
Question: We are on GSA Schedule and able to provide services on this. We need a letter from you indicating interest so we can be on STS schedule so you can purchase from us. Thank you.
Answer: JFS never promise STS work or awards to IT vendors since we post competitive procurement opportunities based on agency IT needs. If you are seeking to become a STS vendor, the application and approvals are processed by the Department of Administrative Services (DAS). DAS is granted authority to negotiate State Term Schedules by the Controlling Board for selected commodities. Acquisition Management is responsible for negotiating STSs for data processing and telecommunication hardware and software. The Office of State Purchasing is responsible for negotiating the remaining goods and services. In order to qualify for a STS, a vendor must hold a federal GSA contract OR be a manufacturer or software developer of off-the-shelf or shrink wrap software. To obtain more information, contact the Acquisition Management Bid Room at (614) 728-8837.
Question: Is there currently someone/company performing this duty?
Answer: No, there is not currently a vendor performing the exact out-source work as outlined in the requirements of this RLB.
- Ohio|Buys Suppliers Login
- Current Contract Search
- Bid Opportunities Search
- Ohio|Buys Catalog Search
- IT Release and Permit
- Telecommunication Contracts &
Cloud Services Agreements
- IT Enterprise Services Portal
- MBE & EDGE Opportunities
- State Contract Opportunities
- State Printing and Mail Services
- Agency Request to Purchase
- Procurement Related Web Links
- State Procurement Manual
- State Procurement Supplier Handbook
- Agency State Term Schedule Purchases
- FY 2018 (07/1/17-09/30/17)
- FY 2018 (10/1/17-12/31/17)
- FY 2018 (01/1/18-03/31/18)
- FY 2018 (04/1/18-06/30/18)
- FY 2019 (07/1/18-09/30/18)
- FY 2019 (10/1/18-12/31/18)
- FY 2019 (01/1/19-03/31/19)
- FY 2019 (04/1/19-06/30/19)
- FY 2020 (07/1/19-09/30/19)
- FY 2020 (10/1/19-12/31/19)
- FY 2020 (01/1/20-03/31/20)
- FY 2020 (04/1/20-06/30/20)
- FY 2021 (07/1/20-09/30/20)
- FY 2021 (10/1/20-12/31/20)
- FY 2021 (01/1/21-03/31/21)