Opportunity Detail

Questions and Answers

Child Care Resource and Referral Services
Document #:  JFSR1415178069


Question:   1. As a part of our application, we are opting to complete attachment A, sections 1 and 2 that encompass the Required Grantee Information and Certifications, and Location of Business Form. We did not see an on-line version of these forms that would allow us to type into and complete the documents. Is access to these forms as a writable document available? 2. Within the Location of Business Form (attachment A, section II), number 4 on the form asks for the “Location where services to be performed will be changed or shifted by Grantee”. Can you clarify what this means? 3. In the RFGA, under section 5.2 Format for Submission of the Application, there is a statement at the top of page 22: “In the budgets, the applicant must demonstrate a link between actual expenditures and the project’s outcomes and performance indicators.” Is there a recommendation for where and how to demonstrate this link within the budgets? 4. Are there any parameters to the format for the application in regards to font, page margins etc?

Answer:   1) The current DAS Procurement web site configuration will not allow posting of on-line fill-able forms. 2) As stated in Attachment A, Section II, B., this section request the applicant to provide the name and location if the submitted applicant name and/or address will be changed after the grant award. 3) There are six budget pages that applicants need to complete: 1. Early Learning Challenge Grant(ELCG) - Race to the Top - Technical Assistance Services a. Budget for Initial Rating; b. Budget for Retaining Rating; and c. Budget for Increasing Rating. Budget forms a, b and c the for ELCG/Race to the Top cannot exceed 90% of the total program funding. The other remaining 10% will be for administrative costs. 2. Child Care Development Fund (CCDF)- Provider, Family and Community Services a. Budget for Provider Services - 70% of 90% total funding; b. Budget for Family Services- 20% of 90% total funding; and c. Budget for Community Services - 10% of 90% of total funding. Budget forms a, b and c for the CCDF - provider, Family and Community Services cannot exceed 90% of total program funding. The other remaining 10% will be for administrative costs. 4) It is a reasonable standard to use Times New Roman, font size 12 and single line spacing.

Date: 5/17/2013

Inquiry: 28653


Question:   1) Are appendices A through B reporting templates included for informational purposes or should these templates somehow be populated with local data at the time of application submission? 2) On page 8, B.5., are items b, c, and d the same as all items in a?

Answer:   1) Appendices A and B are for informational purposes only. The information listed on each appendix will be used as reporting requirements once each SDA grantee is selected. 2) Section 2.2, Application Qualifications, B.5., b,c, and d should read: a. Training and technical assistance services to administrators, infant, toddler, preschool and school-age staff; b. Professional development services; c. Parent referral services; d. Other support staff.

Date: 5/17/2013

Inquiry: 28630


Question:   On page 3 of the RFGA, the application deadline is 1:00 p.m. on May 29, 2013 and on page 20, the application deadline is 1:00 p.m. on May 24, 2013, which is the correct application deadline date?

Answer:   The correct application deadline is Thursday, May 29, 2013 at 1:00 p.m.

Date: 5/7/2013

Inquiry: 28605


back

Inquiry period ended:  5/13/2013 8:00:00 AM