Selling to the State
What you need to know about doing business in the State of Ohio
Whether you represent a new business, are operating in Ohio for the first time, or have been in business for years, the Ohio Business Gateway provides information on starting and operating a business in Ohio. Some of the most popular topics covered here are starting a business, filings & payments, licenses & permits, and financial assistance.
The State of Ohio has multiple programs focused on certifying businesses to sell to the State. Certifications are available for:
- Businesses owned by minorities
- Businesses owned by persons of social and economic disadvantage
- Non-profit organizations employing people with work-limiting disabilities
Please note that depending upon your line of business, your business may also be required to obtain the proper licenses and/or permits.
In order to do business with the State of Ohio, all suppliers must complete specific forms supplying company information. This information must be submitted to the State in order for your company to receive contract awards and/or payments for goods and services provided.
Suppliers can also register to automatically receive bid opportunity notifications.
- Certified minority-owned businesses
- General goods and services
- Information technology
Comments & Questions
Submit questions or comments about this website and/or doing business with the State of Ohio.
- Current Contract Search
- Bid Opportunities Search
- IT Release and Permit
- Telecommunication Contracts &
Cloud Services Agreements
- IT Enterprise Services Portal
- MBE & EDGE Opportunities
- State Contract Opportunities
- State Printing and Mail Services
- Agency Request to Purchase
- Procurement Related Web Links
- State Procurement Manual
- State Procurement Supplier Handbook
- Agency State Term Schedule Purchases